Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Smallish Blog Post 6

I have thought a lot about my own use of video and computer games. I have always liked playing them and have played many while growing up. I have played casually as well as getting very involved, spending significant amounts of time. There are many things found on computers and the internet that can be self destructive and addicting. This is the same as with anything else. And too much time spent on any one thing is bad. However this does not mean that it should be avoided all together. I think very simply put there needs to be moderation in all things. Whether it is how much time and attention we give to video games, sports, studies, work, or anything else, we cannot put too much focus on one area. I don't plan on avoiding video games any time soon. I enjoy playing them and with that comes the responsibility to make sure I don't let them cause my life to become unbalanced.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post. Being too excessive of a video game player is, in and of itself, no better and no worse than an excessive movie-watcher, Facebook-user, or candy-eater. None of these are inherently evil, but all have ways to entice those with low self-control to binge, which will always hurt the participant. Each under moderation can bring enrichment and healthy variation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that moderation is good, but for some people it is good to abandon things like that altogether. It really all depends on your priorities. If your priorities are straight then everything will fall into place.

    ReplyDelete